Mrs. Stacey Parish, Coordinator
G.A. Carmichael receives funding from the Mississippi State Legislature through the Mississippi Qualified Health Center Program (MQHC). This program is designed to address crucial health care needs for those uninsured and underinsured residents in the State of Mississippi.
If you have Diabetes and qualify, we offer:
- Medications at discounted rates
- Special lab work to check blood sugar control
- Urine tests to check kidney function
- Diabetic foot care and wound care to prevent loss of toes, feet, and legs
- Diabetic education – individual and group sessions
If you have no other source of payment, our program will offer:
- Diabetic Shoes
- Glucometers, Strips and Lancets
- Appointment with Eye Care Specialists
- Eye Exams
Contact our MQHC Office at 601-859-5753
You must bring proof of income and the number of persons in your household once a year to qualify for the program.